Friday, October 19, 2007

Comments, Posts, and a Countdown!

I know that over the past few days my posts have not been my usual long entries. I have been preoccupied, but I plan to go back to writing as well as posting Diabetes 365 pictures. I can't promise a long entry everyday, but I will definitely be giving you more than a picture and my descriptions at least a few times a week. If you left any comments on the past 5-6 entries and I did not reply on your blog, I have left a few comments in return on those posts. I am becoming lazy about commenting back, I am working on it though.
So we are entering the final countdown to the saline start on Monday (2 days) and pump start on Friday (1 week). I'm stoked! I practiced wearing the pump to sleep the other night by clipping the cannula off of the infusion set, and attaching it with just the adhesive patch. I put an empty cartridge in the pump to connect the tubing to, and wha lah a little pump practice! It worked out just fine. I am the type of person that has to be informed and prepared before I go to the training. It helps me calm my nerves if I know enough before hand. A less anxious Jillian equals a better day for everyone.
My sister is home for the weekend for a little bonding/babysitting me while my parents are away celebrating their 27th wedding anniversary. So I'm sure it will be a good weekend, I love spending time with her. I may not see her again until Thanksgiving. So happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did things work out wearing the pump to sleep, Jillian? Were you able to sleep well, or did it keep you up at all?

Have a great weekend, you soon-to-be pumper!

Jillian said...

I made a little edit to answer your question. I can't believe I left that important information out! Thanks.

Bernard said...

Jillian

Have you figured out your insulin to carb and insulin to blood glucose ratios yet?

It's been so long since I first started wearing a pump I can't remember how we first did that. I think they have basic starting values worked out based on weight. Anyway, I'm very excited for you.