Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thinking Out Loud

Well no one said I couldn’t analyze some of the words you gave me. Some I've heard people use to describe me before, others are new to me. Don't feel obligated to comment in response to the word you left, I’m basically just sharing what I thought when I read them. By the way thanks for all of the comments, I really didn’t expect so many! You guys are wonderful!

Feisty! Really, I get this one all the time from friends and family. I’m just completely surprised that you were able to get this from my writing alone. Also it's something that takes a while to show in person. I'm usually reserved and observant, and then I warm up to the outrageous opinionated me.

Driven. I know I can be, but lately I’ve definitely been lacking this characteristic. Perhaps it will come back to me soon. I sure hope it does, apathy does not suit me or make my parents happy.

Inspiring (2). I will never understand this, what exactly do I inspire? I’m not really sure how it’s possible. I’m average, and I just do the best I can. I’ll take it none the less.

Mature (2). I am a grandma in a teenager’s body, complete with cardigan sweaters and craft hobbies. I’m pretty sure it has to do with the many things I’ve dealt with growing up (my anxiety, my father’s chronic depression and bipolar disorder, my sister’s lupus diagnosis, being a biracial kid, diabetes, being the “baby” etc). Also I have the most amazing mother who has always told me to share my opinions and feelings openly, which sometimes gets me in trouble.

Articulate. (from my sister) She hates how much I talk! Gee thanks!

Cool. Haha no I’m not. I’m one of the hugest dorks ever, but okay if you think so.

Uplifted. This one also makes me wonder. I definitely raised my eyebrow at it. Maybe just in what sense? I know it's obviously a compliment, I just can't wrap my mind around it.


Happy weekend all!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Well, I'm a bigger dork which is maybe why I see you as cool, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Jillian- you're inspiring just because of that! It seems like you do the best you can all the time, no matter what is happening or has happened in the past. you've always inspired me to keep going even when I don't want to anymore.