Monday, December 10, 2007

Whoops.

I feel like I left you guys out in the rain. I said I would be back Friday with an update, and now it's Monday. (Could I have used "I" more times in 2 sentences?!) Any who. The doctor's appointment went fine. I was the first patient of the day, so I was seen within 10 minutes of walking in the door. Dispite the fact that the heat was broken in the office, my CDE seemed happy to see me. My doctor was also extremely impressed with my progress. I only gained 3 pounds which I'm fine with, because my doctor said he has seen patients gain about 10 in the first month. He commented that I was still on a lot of insulin, and he wanted to know if I would think I about Symlin again. I adamantly said, "no, it made me feel way too sick." He didn't fight me on this, which is typical, he likes to give gentle suggestions and let me find my own conclusions. He filled out my MVA medical review papers, and reviewed a few rules he feels are important to insure safe driving with diabetes. I'm hoping that with comments like, "Jillian is extremely responsible," I will get speedy approval. The good Doc even mentioned that there will be a low A1c celebration when I go back in February. So now I will impatiently wait until then, to see what will hopefully be my lowest A1c ever. On our way out, my CDE asked me how Diabetes 365 was going. For the answer pop by the flickr pool and have a look.

Oh yeah, I'm proper people sick and it sucks! See ya later alligators.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Jillian,
I'm glad the doctor appointment went well. It sounds like your doctor really listens to you & that is so important. My endo is good at this & I really appreciate it.

A friend of mine was on Symlin for a while. But it made her really sick, too. Some people seem to do fine with it, but I've heard of a lot of people get too sick from it.

Hey, good luck with the MVA medical review stuff! I hope it all works out well for you.

Anonymous said...

i'm so hoping that everything works out with your license. if anyone ever deserved to drive it's you!

i can't use Symlin, as it can do harm to the kidneys. well that's enough for me to say NONONONO!

i love all your d-365 pics and always am looking forward to seeing them every day.

Sandra Miller said...

Sounds like a very good appointment...

Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I'm back on Symlin again after a failed first attempt a year or two ago. I've found it helps to ramp up your doses more slowly than the doc recommends. Instead of going weekly, I've gone bi-weekly. So 2.5 for 2 weeks, 5 for two weeks...haven't gotten past that yet, but we'll see how it goes.

I only wish it would melt the pounds off of me like it seems to do for some peeps! Oh well, I'll take the improved glucose numbers. :)

Shannon said...

Being sick certainly sucks. I hope your numbers aren't too out of line.

Good luck with your driver's license and getting your lowest A1C ever!

Unknown said...

I am on Symlin and i predosed with pheneragin before all meals until my body adjusted to it. I started out at a low dose and we raised it slowly and I just made sure I had pheneragin in my system 30 minutes before meals and now I am fine with the Symlin and do not take pheneragin before meals.