Thursday, May 17, 2007

Completely Random!

So I thought I'd post today about something un-D, but then some how that nasty little bugger snuck its way into my post idea. So last night on American Idol (yes i am one of the millions who watch) Blake and Jordin made it into the final. And guess who is super excited???? Me, because in the beginning I said to whoever would listen, its going to be a Blake and Jordin finale. Oh Melinda this Melinda that, Blake and Jordin are way more appealing. Now I just have no idea who will win... because Blake and Jordin have pretty much the same demographic girls between the ages of 8 and 15 and their moms. It's gonna be a close one. Anyway onto the D-side of American Idol, it was nice to see the return of Elliot Yamin he sounded pretty good, and it is nice to see someone who was so open about their diabetes succeed. I have to tell you though, the whole time I was looking around his body to see if there were any traces of his pump.

Okay now un-Dness. I think I need to reintroduce myself and talk about the other sides of my life not just the D-Life. Where to begin.....
Stuff you already know.
My name is Jillian, I'm 15 years old (16 in September), I live in Maryland (I have all my life), and of course I have been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was 5 years old(Opps I know I said un-D).
The stuff you don't know.
I am a sophomore in high school, but unfortunately due to my aniexty disorder this year I have struggled with my attendence and with the schools provided Home & Hospital support. So I am currently in the process of becoming home schooled independently (this means I will be teaching myself with the guidance of a whatever homeschooling company etc that we choose.)
I have an older sister (she is 22) who is attending law school in Philadelphia. She also has a chronic illness, Systemic Lupus. She is one of my closest friends and I love her more than anyone except for my mom. It took her leaving for college for us to realize how much we loved each other.
I love crafts and have been described by many friends as being an old lady at heart. From my cardigan sweaters to my attempts at knitting, I would have to agree.
I have 2 dogs, Massimo, a Bichon Frise (named after an Italian bus driver my sister met on a school trip) he will be 7 in June & Finn, a Bichon Frise Poodle mix who is only a year old.
I have 2 parents (they are still married unfortunately), I have a pretty good relationship with my mom and a horrible one with my father. (If you haven't figured this out from my picture I am bi-racial, my mom is caucasian and my father is african american)
Lets see Favorites... Book: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (for now) Movie: Father of the Bride TV Show: Grey's Anatomy Ice Cream Flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip Color: Purple

Okay I can't think of anything else. Toodles!

No comments: