Thursday, June 21, 2007

One of Those Nights.

Last night I tested before I was to take my Levemir as usual. Came in at 295, so I corrected with my Novolog, took my Levemir and tried to go to bed. But for some reason whenever I correct before going to sleep I am restless beyond belief. I get out of bed, walk around the house, get a drink, lay down, sit up, throw the covers off, pull them back on, I'm hot, and then I'm cold. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm aware of the some what rapid drop, because about 60-90 minutes later I was 165.

On another note, I'm going to take my learner's permit test today!!! I know I don't have to disclose the D for this, but when December rolls around and it's time for my provisional license test I have to have some kind of doctors note thing. I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I just hope I pass today!

As some of you may know from a previous post. My older sister (22) has Systemic Lupus, which she was diagnosed with as sophomore in high school (my age now), after many misdiagnosises. Seeing as this is also an autoimmune disease, I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice on where to find something like the D-O.C. , diabetesdaily.com, childrenwithdiabetes.com, and diabetes123.com (among many others) except for people with lupus. We have both been looking around and all we can find are really sick and depressing people. She is looking more for encouragement and hope, like what I've found with the D-O.C. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: